Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tortellini Soup


Tortellini Soup
2-15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups frozen spinach
8-10 cups chicken broth
1-13 oz. bag tortellini

Combine tomatoes, spinach, and chicken broth in large pot. Bring to boil. Add tortellini, bring back to a boil, and simmer about 10 minutes, until tortellini are cooked.

Alterations
I don't usually have chicken broth so I just use water and add chicken bouillon. Use one cube or one teaspoon of chicken bouillon for each cup of water. You can also add some cooked sausage if you'd like. The original recipe calls for the refrigerated tortellini, but I always use the frozen kind because it's much cheaper, and it still tastes great! Sometimes I add a bit of salt or Italian seasoning also. Just taste it as it's cooking and decide what you think it needs (if anything).

The Verdict
This is very easy, fast, and delicious. My husband even likes it and he doesn't like soup very much. I always serve this with homemade biscuits and it's a very filling meal. I love how simple this soup is!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to buy the ingredients today!