So, I was eating tuna and crackers for lunch a while back, when I saw this recipe on the side of the box of saltines and decided to try it out. And it's great! I'm planning on making a bunch of goodies at Christmas time, and this is definitely going to be one of them!
1 sleeve (35-40) saltine crackers
3/4 -1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 10x15 in. cookie sheet with foil; spray very lightly with cooking spray. Cover cookie sheet with saltines. Boil sugar and butter for 3 minutes. Pour mixture over saltines and spread evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit 1 minute, then spread melted chips with spatula. Sprinkle nuts over this and press down lightly. Cut on diagonal immediately or cool until firm, then break up. Pieces can be frozen.
Alterations: In this picture I did a half a sleeve of saltines, if that gives you an idea of how much it makes. Also, I didn't measure the chocolate chips and nuts exactly...you can just eyeball it.
The Verdict: Like I said before, delicious!! Also, it's really quick and easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment